Sunday, June 14, 2009

Everything Always Works Out

You must all be wondering..
My six day stay at B.I was completely worth it ! I had internal radiation for five days twice a day, which worked wonders. Granted I was miserable, isolated, and sick, I am here now.. And Dr. Mullen had also put a feeding tube in which help me gain five in a half pounds so I am back up to a healthy weight for me..And for the first time, my blood work has been well up into the average person counts :)
The week went by very slow, I hated being away from Kevin. Never mind not being able to see him, my time on the phone with him was very limited because I was radioactive. Last week honestly was very tolling on the two of us...
Have you ever heard the saying "A true friend is one soul in two bodies" -Aristotle
That quote describes Kevin and I. Yes I say he is my best friend, he is my one, my everything.. Our souls were reunited for a reason, God knows the power of our faith together, how strong, and how much love we have for each other and life when we are together.. So I know that last week, is just another week, and we can make it through anything.
Friday finally came and it was a big day, full of anxieties and stress! I had the catheter for the radiation removed, and then I had a cat scan. In the cat scan, Dr. Mullen discovered that the tumor that remained had shrunk enough to where he would be able to remove it.. That wasn't the only thing he planned to remove.. He also decided to remove the tail of my pancreas, figuring that, that is where the cancer remains, and that is also the spot where it kept coming back too... As it turned out, he was able to safely remove the tumor and the tail of my pancreas.. And it went well, so well in fact I can now call myself Cancer Free! And I am still crying....for relief and also for fear..
I came home yesterday, Saturday and instead of embracing my news I spent the day in tears and fighting with the man I am in love with, but more importantly the man who is my best friend.. We decided the best thing for us, is just to take sometime from each other to figure things out.. (Crying) I know it is the best thing for him, which is the best thing for us, and that is all I want and could wish for.. I want Kevin no matter to be happy for him.. and to be proud of who he is.. and I told him that I will always answer the phone, return texts, and simply just be there unconditionally for him...I love him, he is my best friend, and my soul mate.. Therefore it does not matter the time apart, simply because our love and our eternal bond for each other can get us through absolutely anything .. Honestly, that is the best trait but Kevin and I, our eternal unconditional love for each other.. This is just another step to building an incredible everlasting bond and a life with one another.....
I have a picture, pinned to my wall. An image of you and of me and we're laughing and loving it all. Look at our life now, tattered and torn. We fuss and we fight and delight in the tears that we cry until dawn
Hold me now, warm my heart stay with me, let loving start (let loving start) You say I'm a dreamer, we're two of a kind. Both of us searching for some perfrct world we know we'll never find
So perhaps I should leave here, yeah yeah go far away But you know that theres no where that I'd rather be than with you here today
You ask if I love you, well what can I say? You know that I do and if this is just one of those games that we play So I'll sing you a new song, please don't cry anymore and then I'll ask your forgiveness, though I don't know just what I'm asking it for
Hold me now, warm my heart stay with me, let loving start, let loving start.
Hold Me Now.. Thompson Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment